One of South America’s leading Coeducational
Independent Day School’s for children aged 3-18
An exceptional opportunity has arisen at one of South America’s leading School’s for outstanding, inspirational and charismatic Primary teacher to participate and further enhance our excellent reputation.
Craighouse School is a Chilean-British, private, PK-12 coeducational school located on the outskirts of Santiago, Chile. The new purpose built Campus, inaugurated in March 2013, with excellent facilities is situated in the foothills of the Andes and must have some of the best vistas of any school in the world. We firmly believe in the benefits of the International Baccalaureate programme and therefore Craighouse School is an IB Continuum School with, PYP, MYP and DP programmes. We warmly welcome families, value open-mindedness, appreciate cultural, religious and social diversity and promote teamwork. Our family oriented Educational Project fully integrates the academic and formative areas so that each pupil develops her/his full potential as a person.
Primary Teacher (6yrs to 10yrs) to join our Primary team for March 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate their ability to:
- To show empathy and have excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to work with diverse groups of children and colleagues.
- Collect data to understand student achievement so as to make informed decisions regarding pupils learning.
- Develop alternative forms of assessment so as to allow pupils to have the opportunity to demonstrate their achievements.
- Work with diversity in the classroom ensuring a quality learning outcome under the principles of equal opportunities for all pupils.
- Contribute to the professional learning community through expertise and a passion for learning.
- To provide an excellent role model for all members of staff and for pupils in all aspects of school life.
- Applicants will have a degree with a teaching qualification; further qualifications such as Masters, are desirable.
- Applicants will have a proven track record and preferably have experience of the IB PYP/MYP/DP programme.
- Applicants will be first language English speakers, however an understanding of Spanish is desirable.
- The role will require the teacher to have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, outstanding understanding of teaching and learning in all aspects of child development and the ability to develop and sustain high educational standards.
- Applicants will be excellent communicators who enjoy positive relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents.
- Applicants will be well versed in the use of technology and willing to adapt to change.
- Applicants will be creative and committed team player who show empathy, drive, energy and passion and who have a good sense of humor and a desire to participate fully in all aspects of school life.
- An enthusiastic learning community of pupils, teachers, parents and Board members, who all are dedicated to maximize pupils achievement for each and every learner and to create positive learning opportunities within and beyond the classroom.
- Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues.
- Excellent professional development.
- Contract is initially for three years and includes an attractive compensation package at international level.
- Letters of application, outlining your educational philosophy, together with Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for this vacancy is 29th June, 2019.
- Skype interviews will be done between 15th June and 30th June, 2019.
- Short list interview will be in London, U.K. between 2nd September and 8th September.
Required for March 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The contract is initially for three years and includes an attractive compensation and relocation package at international level.
Letters of application together with a Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees should be e-mailed to the Headmaster, email: email@example.com
Closing date: 28th June, 2019
Skype interview: 15th June – 30th June, 2019
Shortlist interview: 2nd September – 8th September, 2019 - in London, U.K.