The main duties of a teacher are outlined in Part 2: Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook.
Hamnavoe Primary School is located in Hamnavoe, Burra. It provides primary education to children from P1-7. The structure of the school is 4 classes all of these are composite classes. There are currently 77 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 4 class teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet pupil needs. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Helen Robertson who would be very happy to discuss the post further with you. The school phone number is 01595807440. Further information about the school can be found on the school's website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/hamnavoeprimary/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3769
- Permanent Part Time post for 17.5 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.5
- Sector/Subject Specialism: Primary
- Qualification Requirement: Primary Teacher
- Class Information, Age Range: Primary 3-4
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Hamnavoe Primary School, Burra, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Helen Robertson, Head Teacher, on 01595 807440, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Hamnavoe Primary School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 12 years