We are seeking a highly skilled, passionate and motivated Primary teacher to join the Bilingual (English-German) Primary section at the Institut auf dem Rosenberg, a prestigious international boarding school in Switzerland
The candidate should have:
• A valid teaching qualification, preferably in Primary or Early Childhood Education, and a minimum of 5 years teaching experience
• Experience integrating technology into the classroom
• Experience using differentiated lessons in order to meet individual student needs
• Experience with classroom management techniques
• Experience teaching within a bilingual or dual language program is a plus
• Experience in teaching the IB PYP programme
We are particularly looking for:
• A dynamic, flexible and professional individual
• A teacher skilled in collaboration within a team setting
• A teacher with special interests such as creative art or coding and robotics etc.
• An individual willing and capable to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
• A desire to be innovative and part of the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• B.Ed / appropriate degree and PGCE with QTS or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years primary teaching experience; PYP teaching experience is a plus
• Native level English or German
• A knowledge of English or German as a second language is a plus
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a leading and prestigious independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. The school also operates the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment where students can access first class co-curricular and sports programmes. Institut auf dem Rosenberg is well resourced and has average class sizes of 8 students per teacher. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment with outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of approximately 1:3
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact-details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating "Bilingual Primary Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: March 24th 2018. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the application deadline. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.