Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Primary Teacher teaching Year 5 and 6 Gifted and Talented students. This is a full time and permanent role commencing January 2018. Our client school is a K-12 reputable Independent and coeducational school located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs.
About the Role:
- Primary Teacher
- Teaching Years 5 & 6 Gifted and Talented students
- Job Reference: #TES1710-522073SM
- Full time and permanent role
- Commencing January 2018
About the School:
- School Learning Centre has specialised educators who support classroom learning across the entire school. Experienced and specially trained practitioners lead the "Gifted and Talented Programme" and "Opportunity Classes"
- School has a reputation for its very strong academic, as well as music, drama, debating, chess and sporting programs
- Students benefit from the laptop program
- The school fosters love of learning and strong sense of community in an inclusive environment
- Professional staff work together for the good of our students, helping them develop as reliable and effective citizens, and to achieve outstanding results.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs. It is approximately 6 kilometres (3 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. The location is primarily a residential area and has 4 hospitals in the area. There is a range of retail stores and two shopping centres. The suburb also offers popular restaurants, cafés, bars, cinema and recreational facilities. It is also very close proximity to Sydney’s famous beaches. There is a range of public and Independent schools. It is easily accessible by public transport and car.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Must hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Primary Education
- Must have relevant qualifications and/or experience in Gifted and Talented Education
- Strong knowledge of the NSW or Australian Curriculum will be advantageous
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide 3 appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1710-522073SM
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).