Experienced Primary Teacher required for immediate start
Canterbury School offers a British education across all Key Stages and a high level of education in the Spanish system. This enables our students to access the university of their choice at the end of their school career. The school is housed over four sites and caters for children from the age of 2-18.
For more than 40 years we have been preparing children to take their place in the world as responsible, informed and culturally aware citizens. We believe that the professionalism of our teachers, the excellence of our facilities and the warmth of our educational philosophy offer the perfect environment for every pupil to achieve their full potential
This post is for our Primary department where we have children from 6-11 years of age. The children then feed into our Secondary Department which is housed next door. The school is in a quiet, rural location.
For more information about the school please have a look at our web page www.canterburyschool.com
Canterbury School is a member of the National Association of British Schools in Spain.
Candidates must be first language ENGLISH SPEAKERS and have:
- At least two years teaching experience
- EU citizenship or British citizenship with the right to work in Spain
• Be excellent classroom practitioners who are motivated, caring,
enthusiastic and committed.
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour in all children.
• Be reflective, creative and flexible.
• Be committed to making a positive difference throughout the school.
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
Experience of teaching Talk for Writing is desirable but not essential.
Successful applicants will be interviewed by videoconference.
Salary is paid according to the Spanish pay scale.
Canterbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. The position is subject to enhanced disclosure procedures.
Canterbury School of Gran Canaria S.L.
Canary Islands, Spain
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years