Wales International School are seeking to appoint outstanding teachers, who can teach The National Curriculum of England at Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
An inspirational, self-directing teacher is required from December 2017 or earlier if possible. If you are excited by the challenge of a different teaching experience in a vibrant environment, this opportunity may well be for you. The successful candidate will be welcomed into a team that fosters pedagogical discussion and aims to make their subject accessible to all students.
We are seeking a well-qualified teacher to teach children whose first language is usually Arabic. Within cultural parameters, we adhere as closely as possible to the National Curriculum, which constitutes around 80% of the timetable. All lessons are taught in English. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ continuous experience. They will show initiative and adaptability, will be a team player and will relish the challenges and rewards of teaching in an international setting.
Description of the role:
- Having a secure knowledge of the National Curriculum of England
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons which are documented and reflect school schemes of work
- Set homework in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment including using data to monitor progress, set targets and plan subsequent lessons
- Give students regular feedback, both orally and, through accurate and diagnostic marking in line with Wales International School’s marking policy encouraging students to respond to the feedback
- Record and make use of summative and formative assessments to secure progress
- Undertaking pastoral duties
- Participate in meetings at school, which relate to the curriculum for the school or the administration or organisation of the school, including pastoral arrangements
- Attend parents’ meetings and be appropriately prepared to discuss student achievement and well-being
- Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development as a teacher
We can offer the right candidate:
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- The opportunity to make a difference
- An attractive, tax-free salary
- Medical insurance and residence visa
- Annual travel allowance
- End-of-service gratuity
- Unlimited sunshine, safe environment and a good lifestyle
Required Candidate profile:
- UK National or first language English speaker
- Bachelors degree in Education or a Bachelors degree in English, Maths or Science with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education with QTS
- Minimum 4 years teaching experience in the Gulf or in UK
- Holding an ADEC license is beneficial.
- 21st Century teaching skills
The appointee will sign up for an initial two-year expatriate contract, which will be annually renewable thereafter. We can also offer the right candidate a friendly, constructive and supportive working environment, with lots of challenges ahead. Along with that, there should be huge job satisfaction and the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future development of the school. Our students are responsive and respectful, but lively at the same time, as we equip them with the skills to make a positive contribution to their society as adults. Abu Dhabi is an exciting place to work, a vibrant city with lots going on and very welcoming to expatriates who are respectful of local culture and social norms. It is rapidly establishing itself as the cultural (as well as the actual) capital of the UAE. If you want an ‘authentic’ and fulfilling ex-pat experience, then Wales International School is a rewarding place to work.
Please send a copy of your CV to include qualifications, a recent photograph and covering letter to Sahaid Ummer at HR@walesschool.com mentioning the post for which you have applied in the subject line. Previous applicants may apply. Initial interviews will be held via Skype.