From August 2018 JIS has been a fully accredited Cambridge Primary school and Cambridge International School offering the Cambridge programme from Grades 1 through 7. There will also be English medium Kindergarten.
Primary class teachers for Cambridge programme
Appropriately well - qualified and experienced for the positions - Minimum Bachelors degree and Qualified Teacher status such as PGCE, QTS or GTP.
2 years teaching experience
Degree in education such as B.Ed with specialisation in Primary and experience of teaching in International Schools and Cambridge Primary programme.
- Able to adapt to foreign environment and culture
- Ability to learn and adapt to global trends in education.
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills with colleagues within the group and outside of the group.
- Desire to develop international education career;
- Ability to motivate students.
Monthly basic salary: 2,500 – 3,300 USD (depending on ability and experience). Employee has to pay personal income taxes according to the regulations of Vietnam. Responsibility and Qualification Allowances as appropriate.
Yearly bonus: According to the school’s regulations
- Flight ticket to Hanoi when starting the job from place of recruitment;
- One round trip ticket per annum for summer or lunar new year holidays.
- Return ticket when contract ends
- Apartment accommodation near the school or housing allowance of $270 per month, if the employee and the school cannot not agree on using the accommodation provided by the school.
- Fees such as visa fee, work permit, temporary residence card paid by school.
- Health insurance and annual health check paid by school.
- School lunch provided
- Free of tuition fee for children of teachers.
7:50 am – 16:40 pm, Monday - Friday; one hour lunch break/ lunch supplied by school; Students in school 8am - 3.30 pm. However, the working hours can vary for events such as Parent Meetings or Open Days.
Teachers are not required to stay at school to prepare lesson plans.
Start date: Asap and July 2019
Contract: years renewable.
- All public holidays according to the regulations of Vietnam (around 10-12 days/year)
- Winter break: from 24/12 ~03/01 (around10 days)
- Summer break: from 15/6-14/7 (around 30 days)
- Lunar new year break: 10 days (In February)
- Autumn midterm break: 9 days (In October)
Certified documents needed for application submission:
- Curriculum Vitae in English (Word Document) with passport size photograph
- Recent Police Check Certificate from last country of work
- 2 recent recommendation letters from previous jobs. Preferably one from current employer. (With date of working)
- Academic and Teaching Certificates (must have Bachelor degree + teaching certificate or B.Ed)
- Passport Copy
- Other documents as appropriate