Baleares International College (San Agustin) is seeking a qualified and experienced Primary Teacher to join the school in January 2018 or sooner if the appropriate candidate is selected.
Baleares International College is a British-curriculum International School that serves the international community in Mallorca. We offer a high quality education from Nursery to Year 6 with small class sizes of up to 20.
The school is accommodated in a beautiful building just outside of Palma in San Agustin. The school has approximately 100 students and is rapidly increasing in numbers.
Learning at Baleares International College
The school offers learning and teaching experiences based on the English National Curriculum enhanced to meet the needs of its international student body.
BIC has already built its reputation on high quality and high standards and as such it has similar high expectations of its staff. The school therefore welcomes fully qualified, flexible, creative, child-centred teachers who will further enhance the quality of teaching and learning and become a part of this community.
The successful applicants for the teaching post will have:
- A good Honours degree from a British university.
- A PGCE.
- Recent experience as a teacher in the UK
- Previous experience of international schools will help but is not essential.
- A working knowledge of ICT including Google Docs
- Must be a fluent English speaker, no knowledge of Spanish is required
- An up to date Police Clearance / DBS certificate from the country of your most recent teaching post (This will be required to be presented at any future interview)
Teachers at Baleares International College
- Are passionate about education,
- Inspire their pupils through their engaging and demanding teaching,
- Participate in all aspects of school life
- Create a warm and safe community to which parents and pupils are proud to belong
- Are flexible and have a sense of humour
- Enjoy being part of a British owned and managed group of schools with all the consequent benefits this brings. (Promotional opportunities are available within the group for talented and successful professionals)
Safeguarding of Children
Baleares International College is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Prior to commencing work you will have to present an up to date original DBS certificate or Police Check from your current country of employment. Originals of teaching qualifications which would allow you to teach in a British school and proof of identity will need to be also presented on arriving at the school.
If the above information is of interest then we would welcome an application from you. Your application should be submitted by email and should include a CV with current photograph, a letter of application and the names and email contacts of two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer.
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone/skype for a brief conversation with Ms Millar, Principal.
Employment in another Orbital Group School
Orbital Education Group has international schools in the following highly attractive destinations: Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; Ljubljana, Slovenia; and Quito, Ecuador. After two years successful employment teachers wishing to move on will be given active consideration for vacancies, including promotion opportunities in these schools. More information about the group can be found at www.orbitaled.com
Baleares International College, San Agustin
c/Maria Villangomez, 17
0715, Sant Agustin