A rare opportunity to work in our unique school with fabulous teacher retention.
Europa School UK is a unique school offering a bilingual education for children from the age of 4. Our school has a collaborative approach and is supportive of our staff. While our innovative approach to education is challenging for the children, we enjoy a positive relationship with our parent body who enthusiastically help us in our pursuit of our multilingual and multicultural goals. The school is consistently oversubscribed was rated good by OFSTED.
On one beautiful site, our pupils can follow our European curriculum from age 4 to 18, culminating in the highly respected European Baccalaureate.
The Spanish teacher will teach exclusively in Spanish and cover the European School's curriculum enhanced, where necessary, by elements made compulsory by UK legislation.
You will have each class for 2.5 days in Spanish and another teacher will in English for the remainder of the week.
We have vacancies for 2 permanent part-time or 1 full-time teacher for Key Stage 1.
We also have a fixed term contract for a part-time teacher also in KS 1.
We can offer:
• Great staff who are welcoming, committed and energetic
• A warm, friendly and supportive school ethos
• A successful school with a great learning environment
• Fantastic children who have high aspirations
• Childcare vouchers
• Ongoing CPD
We are looking for someone:
• With C2 (European Common Framework) level in Spanish and who is able to communicate in English as the common language of the school
• Able to teach exclusively in the target language
• Adaptable to our unique timetabling
• Able to take on our unique curriculum
• Collaborative as you will work with a partner teacher
• With excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• With UK Qualified Teacher Status or the equivalent status from another EU state.
The classes will be either on a Monday, Tuesday all day and a Wednesday morning or Wednesday afternoon, and all day Thursday and Friday. The selected candidate could work full-time or half the week.
Applications will be considered as they arrive, so early application is recommended.
Interviews will take place w/c 9th April and 16th April.
Europa School UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment has an Equal Opportunity Policy.. All staff must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring) check.