Primary Teaching Assistant
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
£9.20 per hour
Vision for Education is seeking to employ a Primary Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching team to work in a school in the Northumberland local authority. This position is due to commence in as soon as possible
The school caters for students ages 4 to 11 who have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) difficulties and other complex needs.
Working as part of an energetic and creative team, the successful Primary Teaching Assistant will focus on delivering support to a small class of students who have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) difficulties working 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will ideally have Team Teach Training however this is not essential. If applicants are successful there is an opportunity for you to attend the Team Teach training course that Vision for Education provides.
To be considered for the Primary Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience working as a Teaching Assistant within a primary school.
- Have experience supporting young people with ASD, SEMH and other complex needs.
- Be able to work between the hours of 8:30 until 16:30.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of practitioners who all pull together to inspire the students, in what can be a very demanding and challenging environment.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 01912291386.