Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
Teacher Librarians support and implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning. Within a contemporary learning environment, the role of a Teacher Librarian has two key dimensions:
- teaching and learning;
- information and resource management.
- be Catholic.
- be appropriately qualified as a four year trained primary teacher.
- have experience in working with library systems.
- have demonstrated successful teaching and behaviour management strategies.
- have the ability to design learning opportunities to enhance information processing skills, critical thinking and inquiry learning to deepen student knowledge of curriculum content and information literacy.
- have the ability to select and teach learning outcomes from the NSW English Syllabus and other KLAs as relevant.
- have the ability to manage the Learning Hub space and source an engaging and relevant physical and virtual collection.
- oversee the work of other library personnel, volunteers and external providers, as appropriate, as delegated by the Principal.
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- have the ability to assess and provide feedback on student learning using relevant data.
- record current NESA and Working With Children clearance number on application.
- evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
- have a sound knowledge of ALICE OPAC library software and information technology.
- have the ability to design contemporary and innovative learning opportunities in collaboration with teachers.
- have the ability to model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies.
- have the ability to develop policies and procedures for the effective use and management of the learning spaces in collaboration with other teachers and relevant staff.
- have the ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and incorporate technology and information literacy through the KLAs.
How to Apply
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/