Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
Catholic Education Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Teacher Librarians support and implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning. Within a contemporary learning environment, the role of a Teacher Librarian has two key dimensions:
- teaching and learning
- information and resource management There may be an opportunity for casual work.
All teachers are expected to meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) required by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). These Standards are reflected in the attached Position Description for a Teacher Librarian. Note: New Scheme and Returning Teachers are required to be members of NESA. Applicants must have a current Working with Children Clearance and provide date of birth with application for verification purposes. Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
- A personal commitment to the ethos, teachings and practice of the Catholic faith.
- Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained primary teacher.
- Have completed or will complete (within four years of appointment), a Master of Education (Teacher-Librarianship).
- Have experience in working with library systems.
- Have demonstrated successful teaching and behaviour management strategies.
- Have the ability to design learning opportunities to enhance information processing skills, critical thinking and inquiry learning to deepen student knowledge of curriculum content and information literacy.
- Have the ability to select and teach learning outcomes from the NSW English Syllabus and other KLAs as relevant.
- Have the ability to manage the Learning Hub space and source an engaging and relevant physical and virtual collection.
- Oversee the work of other library personnel, volunteers and external providers, as appropriate, as delegated by the Principal.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Have the ability to assess and provide feedback on student learning using relevant data.
- Have a sound knowledge of ALICE OPAC library software and information technology.
- Have the ability to design contemporary and innovative learning opportunities in collaboration with teachers.
- Have the ability to model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies.
- Have the ability to develop policies and procedures for the effective use and management of the learning spaces in collaboration with other teachers and relevant staff.
- Have the ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and incorporate technology and information literacy through the KLAs.
How to Apply:
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/