Falkland Islands Government - Education Department
Primary Travelling Teacher
Primary Travelling Teacher
Dates: Applications by Thursday 6th February 2020; Job begins September 2020
Location: Falkland Islands
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Primary Travelling Teachers: 1 to 4 years
A unique opportunity to live and work overseas, within an English school system.
Our well established Primary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Primary Travelling Teacher to start September 2020. The successful candidate will join a dedicated and dynamic team. Applicants for the posts will have up-to-date knowledge and experience across the primary range, and particularly within Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1. The successful candidate appointed to Travelling Teacher position will travel to different locations in the Falkland Islands, living and teaching pupils on farms in rural locations.
We are seeking to recruit a Primary Travelling Teacher who:
- is focused on helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
- is a graduate with qualified teacher status (primary) who has completed their induction and has at least 2 years' successful teaching experience
- is experienced across the primary age range
- can demonstrate a thorough recent knowledge of the 2014 English National Curriculum and the EYFS Statutory Framework
- is committed to differentiation and SEND inclusive practice
- can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
- can work within and contribute to coaching and mentoring environment
- has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams
- possesses secure IT skills and has good IWB knowledge
- is able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities
- has a sense of adventure
We will provide:
- enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- a stimulating and supportive working environment
- detailed information about life in the Falkland Islands
- basic salary up to £39,903
- low rates of income tax
- 35% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- airfares for post holder at the beginning and end of contract as well as airfares for return flights after every subsequent full year of the contract
- retained accommodation for daily rental
- fixed term (unaccompanied) contracts of either 1, 2, 3 or 4 years in the first instance
Interested teachers can download the job description and further information from this page.
Interviews will be held between Monday 24th February and Wednesday 26th March 2020 either at the Falkland Islands Government Office in London or by telephone. More details about an interview task and opportunity to share video clips of teaching practice will be provided to shortlisted teachers.
School Website: http://www.fig.gov.fk/ijs/
Our recruitment video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7nHrEOqkbE
For more information please contact the Recruitment Officer, Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 00 500 27420 or Fax: 00 500 27212 stating the post you are interested in.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Recruitment Officer using the above contacts details at Cable Cottage, Stanley, no later than noon on Thursday 6th February 2020.