Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the United Kingdom and take up a Year 6 Teacher role at a 'Good' Catholic Primary school in Walthamstow, London. This full time Year 6 classroom teaching position is available immediately and a permanent contract is on offer. The desirable candidate will have taught in Year 6 before. The school offers an excellent level of education to its pupils and follows a strong Catholic ethos, so the teacher must be respectful of this.
About the Role:
- Year 6 experience would be beneficial
- Close links with the church and local community
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- Excellent career development
- Bespoke training programmes
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
- Competitive rates
About the School:
- ‘Good’ school
- Strong Catholic ethos
- 2 form entry
- Pupils’ behaviour excellent
- Dedicated leadership team that is committed to supporting staff
- Large spacious play areas
- Easily accessible to local transport
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 6 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- Located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, northeast London
- Great connections to the city centre, serviced by both the Central and Victoria Lines as well as Overground services
- Suburban area with lots of local parks and woodlands including Epping Forest
- Great local markets including Wood Street Indoor Markets
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number DXH03517KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXH03517KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.