Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking a caring and dynamic Year Leader for September 2019. The successful candidate will be a highly competent teacher with the ability to promote the well-being of children and improve the standard of learning and achievement.
Essential skills and qualities
- A clear focus on ensuring highly effective teaching and learning
- The ability to create a happy and stimulating learning environment, and promote a culture of respect
- The ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong communication, organisational, interpersonal, and intercultural skills
- Calm, friendly, and diplomatic
- Flexible and resilient, and a high level of commitment and enthusiasm
- Commitment to the school’s strategic objectives, and compliance with the school’s policies, and the regulations of the Qatar Ministry of Education and Higher Education
- Effective planning skills and evidence of supporting school improvement
- A willingness to share skills and knowledge with others and to develop professionally
- The ability to lead by example, and develop a strong team approach
- Strong knowledge and experience of the British Curriculum, and understanding of the local and international context.
Key responsibilities include
- Leadership of the teaching team in matters relating to curriculum, teaching and learning, and assessment
- Managing the performance of the teaching team
- Working closely with the primary leadership team to ensure standards are enhanced and all requirements are implemented within the year group
- Day to day operational management of the year group
- Leadership of the year group in support of annual school improvement plans
- Leadership of a curriculum area across the primary phase
- Responsibility for student achievement and the tracking of student progress
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- Tax-free salary
- Free accommodation or allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Airfare allowance
- Free club, swimming pool and gymnasium access
- Free education for up to four children
- End of service gratuity
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates as well as criminal background checks.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 January 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.