Location: Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Two years renewable
A British Curriculum School in Dubai has a vacancy for a Principal. The start date is August 2017, or by agreement.
Applicants for the post must have the following:
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a principal in a British Curriculum School, or 5 years of experience as a principal in a British Curriculum School with a post graduate qualification in Education
- Experience of developing and initiating programs and policies to implement the vision and mission of the school with the students, teachers, parents, the Board of Governors and the wider community
- Experience of producing and implementing strategic plans for school development and improvement
- Experience of leading accreditation and inspection processes for British Curriculum Schools
- Can create a climate in the school that is conducive to learning where students feel safe and challenged
- Demonstrate a rigorous focus on pupils’ achievement, using data and assessment tools to monitor pupil progress and challenge under achievement
- Lead the professional development of all staff to contribute to the development and enhancement of the learning in the school
- Be culturally aware, with an openness and understanding of other cultures
- Experience of working in more than one country as a principal
This is an exciting opportunity for a person with a passion for international education in a rapidly changing environment.
- A competitive tax free salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Medical cover (for self and dependents)
- Return air tickets home annually
- End of service gratuity in lieu of a pension.
To apply for the post please forward a Letter of Application, stating why you believe you are suited for the post, along with a fully updated comprehensive CV (please include a recent photograph). These should be forwarded to email@example.com, reference: Principal SVS