“Academic excellence, Social Awareness, Spiritual development”
“Be not afraid. Open wide the doors for Christ”
Bishop Walsh Catholic School, Sutton Coldfield
St. John Paul II Multi Academy Company
Start date: September 2020
Contract type: Permanent
Salary and non-financial benefits: Competitive
Relocation package possible
The local Governing Body in partnership with the Board of Directors of St. John Paul II Multi Academy Company (MAC) and the Archdiocese of Birmingham, are seeking to appoint an inspirational, inclusive and collaborative leader to build on our well-established foundations and reputation.
Bishop Walsh Catholic School educates boys and girls 11-18 years and reflects the broad demographic of north Birmingham, with 1020 pupils currently on roll. The school has a strong reputation and is oversubscribed with Catholic applicants. We are currently a family of 8 Catholic schools, with a second 11-18 school -St Edmund Campion Catholic School and sixth form, Erdington who joined us on 1st February 2020.
As a school, we aspire daily to deliver what we believe are the characteristics of an excellent Catholic education: Academic Excellence, Spiritual Development and Social Awareness. As a MAC, our day to day aim is to ensure the thriving Catholic life of our schools, to deliver the best possible outcomes for our pupils and to ensure the necessary provision to achieve these.
The successful candidate will be:
• A committed practising Catholic with strong spirituality, comfortable in giving personal and public witness to their faith;
• A successful leader (to at least Vice Principal) with an excellent commitment to teaching and learning;
• An excellent communicator with a strong dedication to collective working and motivating our staff;
• Able to provide strong, nurturing, professional and spiritual leadership which serves our community and continues to positively build on the excellent work of our school and growing MAC.
We can offer:
• Responsive students with a supportive, engaged and well-informed network of parents and wider stakeholders;
• Dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are determined to provide our children with an authentic, first class, Catholic education;
• A committed and capable leadership team to support your work and vision;
• The support of an accessible and solution focused Catholic Senior Executive Leader and network of Principals, committed to mutual development.
• Experienced, knowledgeable and established Governors and Directors who provide invaluable support and positive challenge to ensure the school’s continuing success;
• Excellent opportunities for continuous professional development through collaborative working and mentoring across the MAC.
How to Apply:
If you are enthused by this superb leadership opportunity and want to be part of the next stage of our strategic development, we’d love to hear from you.
Informal visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. If you would like the opportunity of an informal visit please email Mrs Julie Stewart to arrange via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the school website at http://www.bishopwalsh.net and the MAC website at http://johnpaulii.co.uk and download the application form and associated documents.
Completed applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 25th February 2020 at 4.00pm
Interview dates: Wednesday 4th March and Thursday 5th March 2020
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by Wednesday 26th February 2020.
John Paul II Multi Academy Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all pre-employment checks necessary to meet Safer Recruitment requirements, including a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.