Full Time, Permanent
Required for September 2020
Salary L30-L36 (£83,757 - £97,013)
BDAT is looking to appoint an inspirational Principal for this challenging and exciting leadership role. We are seeking to appoint a strong and proven leader who will build on the strengths of our school so that it continues to provide an excellent education for all its students. Our goal is to transform the lives of our students, staff and community and to inspire each other to keep on developing and improving.
This post is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious leader looking either to extend their experience of headship or start their first headship in a highly supportive and rewarding environment. The vacancy arises due to the current post holder moving to a promoted role outside of the area.
The academy predominately serves the BD4 community of Bradford and in 2020 will celebrate its first set of GCSE results. We offer access to high quality personal professional development for all our staff, with a great emphasis of supporting and developing the lives of everyone in the academy. You will also benefit from the close partnership working with the three other secondary Academies within our multi-academy Trust.
We need from you;
- A strong commitment to achieving success through partnership and team work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Drive, ambition and high expectations.
- Strong, innovative and creative leadership and management.
- A commitment to learning and continuous improvement.
- The desire and passion to initiate, lead and manage effective strategies to support the development of the academy and have further impact on pupil outcomes.
- A passion for developing innovative approaches to the curriculum.
- The ability to place safeguarding at the heart of the school.
We can offer you;
- A talented and dedicated staff team committed to our academy and our students.
- High levels of governor and parental support.
- A welcoming, friendly and vibrant academy.
- A strongly inclusive and progressive approach to teaching and development.
- An academy that is part of a forward thinking academy trust.
The successful post holder will be accountable to the CEO of BDAT, Director of Secondary and Chair of the LGB.
Interested candidates can request an application pack by contacting Emma Williamson, PA to the Director of Secondary at the BDAT head office via email: email@example.com or download using the links below.
Visits to the academy are welcome at the following dates and times: Thursday 26th March 2:30pm - 3:30pm and Tuesday 31st March 3:30pm – 5:00pm. Please contact Emma Williamson 01274 909120 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange attendance on your preferred date.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th April 2020 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 14th April 2020
Interviews: Thursday 23rd April and Friday 24th April 2020
Please complete the application form, together with a written personal statement of no more than two sides of A4 (written in Calibri font size 11 minimum) to accompany the application and return to; email@example.com
References and Police Checks
Bradford Forster Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are successful in being appointed, the Trust will be your employer.
All offers of appointment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references. Specified post, which involves substantial one to one access to children, will be subject to a search of police criminal records and appointment to these posts will be conditional upon confirmation by the police of information provided to us by the applicant.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check.