The Cam Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a Principal at Comberton Village College following a change in its leadership structure.
As the founding member of The Cam Academy Trust, Comberton Village College is one of four secondary schools within its Secondary Group. The Trust also has a growing Primary Group, currently consisting of six primary schools. It seeks to foster cross-phase work and collaboration.
The successful candidate will benefit from the support and interactions of other Principals across the organisation as well as advice and guidance from the Trust in specialist areas such as finance, ICT, Human Resources and educational specialists.
We are looking for a candidate that:
- Is fully aligned with the Trust’s core educational principles
- Has been an inspiring Principal or Deputy preferably with experience in a large secondary
- Is a leader who inspires both children and adults to want to be the best they can be
- Has experience in managing the performance of staff and cultivating highly-motivated teams
- Is an excellent communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate about education with high expectations
- Is committed to her/his own CPD and provides skilled mentoring/coaching to potential future leaders.
Comberton Village College is a popular and successful school set in South Cambridgeshire; there is a strong positive ethos, where all students are known as individuals and achieve some great qualifications as well as benefit from broad educational opportunity. Exam results are excellent with total grades in 2018 at 9/8/A*: 25%, 9-7/A*-A: 43% and 9-4/A*- C: 92%. At Sixth form, students secured grades at A* - A 36%, A* - C 87%, and A* - E 100% leading to record numbers of students going on to Oxbridge and Russell Group universities. This is in the context of a fully comprehensive school with a strong commitment to that educational philosophy.
The college has been rated as ‘outstanding’ in all of its Ofsted inspections since 2000. It seeks to provide a truly excellent education for all.
For an application pack, including details on how to apply, please visit our website: https://www.combertonvc.org/contact-us/current-vacancies.php or contact Mrs T Tull by email on email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Noon on Monday 25 March 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 2 April and Wednesday 3 April 2019
School visits are by appointment on the afternoon of Wednesday 20th March 2019
Should you wish to arrange a visit to the school prior to submitting an application then please contact Mrs Corkin by email on firstname.lastname@example.org