Start date: TBA
A six figure salary may be available for a candidate capable of leading a highly successful sixth form college. A relocation allowance of £8,000 is available where the employee’s new home is reasonably close to the workplace and the former home is not. The postholder will be eligible to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
The aim of the role is to create a strong and robust vision for the strategic direction and leadership of the College. The postholder works with the Trust Board and Local Academy Council to ensure that the College succeeds in delivering its mission, achieves its strategic aims and fulfils its responsibilities.
We are looking for a Principal/CEO that shares the values and ethos of Rochdale Sixth Form College. The College wishes to appoint a leader who has presence, high energy and integrity, and who is committed to an inclusive 16-19 environment. Our founding Principal, Julian Appleyard OBE, is moving on after 9 years of exceptional leadership and we are keen to build on his leadership and continue the quest for outstanding outcomes for all our students.
Rochdale Sixth Form College is a highly successful College located in Rochdale town centre. The College is rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and has secured a national reputation since opening in 2010. The College has topped the Department for Education Performance Tables for four consecutive years and is established as a National Support School as designated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
The Trust Board seek a person with the vision, strategic leadership and ability to build on RSFC’s outstanding reputation and preserve the beliefs, values and culture of the organisation.
This post could be of interest to an existing Principal/CEO or experienced senior leader in a Sixth Form College or an equivalent postholder in a school/academy having a large sixth form or FE College with a large academic 16-18 cohort.
The successful applicant will:
· balance growth and progression with continuity of ethos and performance
· possess outstanding interpersonal skills to lead and motivate a high achieving and talented staff body
· have the character and values that align with a College focused upon inclusivity and rigorous standards
· have the political and ‘street savvy’ skills to engage with stakeholders within the wider community and maintain the College position within the social and business community
· have the vision to lead the College in offering an outstanding educational experience for each student
· be committed to an unrelenting focus on each student maximising their potential and with it, life chances
· have the knowledge and understanding of funding and finance essential to successfully manage a £7M+ budget
· embrace the opportunity to lead a progressive and nationally recognised organisation, supported by a Trust Board which is committed to the highest standards, inclusivity and social mobility
Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to have an informal discussion with the current Principal/CEO, Julian Appleyard OBE and/or arrange a visit to the College.
The appointment is subject to satisfactory references and a successful DBS Disclosure.
There will be a probationary period of 6 months.
Closing date: 9am Monday 20th November 2017
Interviews/Assessment: Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th November 2017
For full details on how to apply please see the attached Application Pack or call Kate Cullen, PA to the Principal, on 01706 769804