Come and see for yourself!
Columbus is an all-age special school for children and young people aged 3-19 with severe and profound learning difficulties. We pride ourselves on providing our children and young people with a sense of success and positive achievement in their personal and academic skills. This is approached by treating every student with unconditional support and nurture.
Our new Principal will build on the foundations already in place, harness the schools significant potential and provide the strategic vision and dynamic leadership that will lead it to a confident and successful future.
- Be creative and innovative, with the vision and drive to lead the next stage of Columbus School and College development
- Have the passion, enthusiasm and energy to inspire the children and young people and community at Columbus School and College to reach their full potential
- Rise to the challenge of maintaining and enhancing educational standards for the complex educational needs of our diverse range of children and young people
- Have an in-depth knowledge of SEN and knowledge of national education strategy and the wider context for Special Schools
- Be a System Leader, with the ability to contribute to the growth, development and reputation of Academies Enterprise Trust
This is undoubtedly a challenging role, but a hugely rewarding one. You will start with considerable advantages – a highly motivated and committed team, terrific pupils and an experienced network around you to support you in driving the improvements needed in the academy.
This genuinely is a fantastic opportunity which could lead to fast progression within the Group and we would invite you to grasp with great enthusiasm. There may be the opportunity of an Executive Principal post for the right candidate.
We are a proud member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) network of 66 primary, secondary and special academies.
The position is due to commence January 2018 or earlier if possible. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 4 July 2017.
Closing date: Friday 30 June 2017
Visits to the academy prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can see for yourself what makes Columbus School and College so special. To arrange a visit, organise an informal discussion or for an application pack please contact Tanya Bentham on 0203 874 3095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhance checks as part of our Prevent Duty.