Nord Anglia Education is looking for an outstanding, internationally-experienced educational leader to drive the ongoing success of The British International School Shanghai, Puxi in Shanghai, China.
Situated in the heart of Shanghai, China’s thriving expat community, The British International School Shanghai, Puxi is located in the highly popular Huacao International Community in Minhang District. With a student population of up to 2,000 students aged 2-18, The British International School, Puxi (BISS Puxi) is a day school offering a personalised education which enables each student to achieve outstanding academic outcomes.
Delivering the International Primary Curriculum, the National Curriculum for England, the Cambridge International IGSCE, and the IB Diploma Programme, BISS Puxi prides itself on being a truly international British school representing over 45 nationalities who achieve the highest academic standards. Notably in 2018, 58% of all grades achieved at IGCSE were A*/A level and one third of IB students gained 40+ points allowing students access to the best universities worldwide.
BISS Puxi is committed to the delivery of Science, Technology, Engineering Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) curriculum developed in partnership with MIT, and has recently built two USD2 million STEAM centres which lie at the heart of the Primary and Secondary campuses.
Additionally, as a member of the Nord Anglia Educational family of schools, BISS Puxi draws on the strength of this forward thinking, premier and contemporary global network of 56 schools across 26 countries. The school actively engages in Nord Anglia’s Julliard, Global Campus, unicef and King’s College programmes, to create unique opportunities for students and staff to unlock their potential.
We seek a talented and experienced leader in education to continue to build upon the school’s tremendous success to date. The Principal takes responsibility for the leadership, organisation and management of the whole school. The post-holder’s key deliverables are aligned with the annual school quality review and the school’s strategic plan. She/he must be an excellent communicator and compelling story-teller, to ensure our new families understand our dynamic educational offer for their children which will in turn drive strong student enrolment.
Key objectives include education quality and outcomes, student well-being, school growth, financial targets, staff development, and resource utilisation.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent communicator and compelling story-teller
- Understand how to blend the best of premium education with contemporary international thinking to maintain a distinctive positioning for the school
- Understand that leading learning is at the heart of school leadership and will build a team committed to delivering this
- Drive the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and a focus on quality that grows both the school and the school’s reputation
- Collaborate and build high performing teams, inspiring sustainable relationships
- Engage with students, teachers, parents and community leaders in a manner that is open, inclusive and conveys the values of NAE and BISS Puxi
- Manage financial budgets and commercial aspects of the school with astuteness and engage with, and contribute successfully to the wider organisation
- Demonstrate the ability to create and execute a strategic plan and manage complex projects
What we offer
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 11,000 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you:
- unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family,
- access to extensive professional development,
- gain exceptional experience and career opportunities
Our promise is that you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
As a part of our family, you will be a valued member of our Senior Leadership Team which helps shape the vision and drive the success of Nord Anglia Education. Professional and personal development is part of our DNA and so you will be supported by education experts and other committed professionals through Nord Anglia University and our leadership programs. Additionally, we offer competitive remuneration, relocation assistance and a comprehensive induction into our organization.
How to apply
We welcome applications from those that are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signi?cant impact on our students and school community.
To submit an application for this role, please e-mail a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees to Meg De Keukelaere, Group Head of Talent Acquisition at Meg.DeKeukelaere@nordanglia.com
Applications: The closing date is 21st December
Interviews: February 2019Start Date:
Nord Anglia Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to a successful medical as well as clearance from safeguarding authorities.