We want our pupils to have the very best opportunities to achieve the best outcomes possible. Since we opened in September 2016, we have been working hard to set high expectations for pupils’ work and behaviour. We don't stand still though and there is still much to do and achieve in the ever-changing educational landscape. This is where you come in.
Joining us as Principal, you will ensure the consistent delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum, mixing academic achievement and accelerated progress with the life skills and compassion that infant pupils need to thrive in the modern world. You will also continue to raise standards quickly within the academy, identifying the next areas for development through sharp evaluation and quality assurance, ensuring that Teaching and Learning are of a high standard.
We’re looking for a Principal who has:
- the drive and passion to ensure growth and rapid improvements in the performance of all pupils;
- an effective management style to encourage innovation, commitment and confidence amongst staff;
- strong organisational skills and relentlessness in instilling strategies to improve and raise standards;
- significant experience of managing others and the ability to be able to set clear goals for staff performance and grow middle leadership;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- an understanding of the journey to good as the academy heads to its first inspection in the next academic year.
In return, you will be well supported by a growing SLT and wider staff team, our pupils and the Trust. As an organisation, Greenwood Academies Trust is a well-established leader in school improvement and provides centralised services and support to enable staff to focus on teaching.
Being part of the Trust, you will be supported by a Senior Education Adviser and be eligible to access high-quality training and development through the Greenwood Learning Alliance. You will also have the opportunity to share specialist best practice and work collaboratively with colleagues in other academies locally and across the East Midlands.
If you would like to organise a private conversation about this role or arrange a visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to speak with the Senior Education Adviser, Andrew Clarke.
For further information, please visit http://www.greenwoodacademies.org/dia/012
Closing date: Noon on 17th April 2018.
Interview date: 24th April 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.