The Governing Body wish to appoint a Principal from September 2019 on the retirement of the current Principal, Mr Nigel Barrow.
We are a relatively small, high attaining co-educational 11-18 school of just over 1000 students, including a small and growing, extremely successful Sixth Form, standing on a fabulous ‘green’ site on the outskirts of Croydon. We are a multi-cultural / faith school with a deserved reputation for being a friendly, welcoming, inclusive and diverse community. The school participates in a number of productive partnerships and has at its heart the two principles of ‘achieve and enjoy’. We are very proud of our school and the students who study here. We have:
• A safe, happy and successful learning environment where all students can truly fulfil their potential
• A strong belief in the professional development of all staff
• A very good reputation with parents / carers and the community
• A commitment to continuous improvement in the quality of education in the school
We are seeking to appoint a Principal who:
• Is passionate about excellence in education and can inspire and empower others to share goals and targets and achieve them
• Is committed to inclusion and success for all making a real difference to young people
• Has an appreciation of the value of a community school and the value of a specialism in Performing Arts
• Is positive, energetic, resilient and driven with high expectations
• Is a talented leader and has vision and ambition and the ability to think and work strategically
An application pack and more information can be found on our website www.shirley.croydon.sch.uk
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged during w/c. Monday 28 January 2019 and can be arranged by emailing the Clerk to Governors – Mrs Garcia (email@example.com)
You can also find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/shirleyhighschool/
Closing date for applications: Thursday 21 February 2019 at 9.00 am
Applications can be posted to the address above or emailed to the Clerk to Governors – Mrs Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Shortlisting: Thursday 28 February 2019 – successful candidates will be contacted on Friday 1 March 2019
Interviews: Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 March 2019
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application (with barred list check) to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.