Benfield School is a rapidly growing 11-18 secondary school and one of five schools that formed the Newcastle East mixed multi Academy Trust (NEAT) in Spring 2017. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of young people and our communities.
NEAT is seeking a new Principal for Benfield School, who will also become the lead for secondary school improvement for the trust.
We are looking for a visionary leader with drive who has:
- a track record of school improvement and can secure ambitious standards and educational outcomes as Benfield School continues to rapidly grow;
- quality and innovative teaching and learning at the heart of their ethos;
- the emotional intelligence to get the best from students, parents, staff and partners throughout the trust.
In return, we can offer:
- the benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust aiming to provide a seamless education from 2-19;
- the opportunity to establish an initial teaching training hub at Benfield School on behalf of the Newcastle Teaching School Alliance led by Walkergate Community School;
- long-term career prospects across the trust as its portfolio of schools grows.
Like to find out more about this unique opportunity? We are holding two Open Days so you can find out about the role, meet key people and look around the school at 9:30am - 11:30am on Thursday, 19th April and 11.00am - 1.00pm on Monday, 23rd April.
Please register your interest by contacting Suzanne Hendey, NEAT Central Support Manager on 0191 2284091 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org If you are unable to attend either of these dates, we strongly encourage you to arrange an informal telephone discussion with Debi Bailey, NEAT Chief Executive Officer.
Interested in applying? Visit http://www.neat.org.uk/web/current_vacancies/333310
A completed application form, criminal records declaration form and equalities monitoring form must be submitted by 9.00am on Monday, 30th April 2018.
Shortlisting is due to take place on Thursday, 3rd May 2018 with the assessment process on Thursday, 10th and Friday, 11th May 2018.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is essential that all our staff and volunteers share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all posts.