51 Finchale Road, Abbey Wood, LONDON SE2 9PX
Tel: 020 8311 3868 Fax: 020 8312 1642
Principal: Patrick Winston MBA (Ed), BEd
Required from September 2018
Competitive six figure salary
The Archdiocese of Southwark sponsors of St Paul’s 11 – 16 Co-Educational Academy and the Governing body wish to appoint a new Principal for the Academy. In 2014 we reached our full capacity of 1,200 students, with places available to both the Catholic sector and the local community. We are seeking an enthusiastic, inspirational person who will be committed to the children, staff, parents and governors in ensuring the best possible outcomes for our students.
The successful candidate will continue to inspire the school community, and will need to:
- be a practising Catholic, understanding the distinctive nature and Ethos of a Catholic school
- have a proven track record of successful leadership at Deputy Head teacher or Head teacher level
- have the vision, drive and energy to successfully lead staff, students, governors, parents and the school community to excellence
- ensure that teaching and learning is at the forefront of all strategic school improvement for students
- have an understanding of recent changes in education, be politically aware and have strong financial acumen
- have successful experience in developing and implementing policy and practice to ensure excellent standards of learning and behaviour
- able to be innovative with CPD to further improve and sustain high standards
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- seek to serve both the Catholic and the local community, welcoming all those who embrace its values and share its quest for excellence
St Paul’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; it expects all members of staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For further details about this post, please go to the school website www.stpaulsacademy.org.uk.
For an informal discussion or a visit to the academy during the application process, please call Lisa Way on 020 8311 3868 x122.
Closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) 2nd February 2018
Interviews will take place on 8th & 9th February 2018