This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly established SAND Academies Trust, which aims to Support Achievement and Nurture Development. The Trust consists of two Special Schools, with two more due to join in February 2020.
Owing to the promotion of the current Head Teacher to CEO of the Trust, we wish to appoint a dynamic and child centred Principal to continue the development of our outstanding school.
The Milestone School is in Gloucester. Our pupils are aged 2 – 16 years with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and disabilities including those on the autistic spectrum.
We can offer you:
- 320 incredible, highly individual pupils
- A skilled and highly motivated staff team
- Support from an experienced set of Governors on the Local Advisory Board
- Collegiate work and support from the other MAT Principals
- Support and coaching from the Executive Principal/CEO
- A Board of Trustees fully committed to the development of SAND Academies Trust
We wish to appoint someone who:
- Has pupil safety at the heart of the school
- Is an outstanding practitioner employing a caring ethos to ensure our children always come first
- Has an excellent knowledge of the current issues and future trends impacting on the world of special education
- Has the confidence and ability to maintain and creatively develop our school
- Has proven management, interpersonal and team building skills.
Leaders, including governors, are highly ambitious for the school. Together, you are uncompromising in your determination to ensure the school continues to provide an outstanding education. You have extremely high expectations, which are shared by your highly skilled and committed staff.
Visits to The Milestone School are welcome; please contact Lyn Dance, CEO, email@example.com to make an appointment. More information is available on our website www.themilestoneschool.co.uk.
If you would like to receive an information pack, please contact Personnel - Tel: 01452 874082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 24th January 2020.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 5th February and Thursday 6th February 2020.
SAND Academies Trust is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. An enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required. The school is an Equal Opportunity Employer.