Principal of St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJI International) Elementary School
Situated on a spacious campus with impressive facilities, SJI International Elementary School is an independent coeducational day-school for children aged 4 to 12 years, in the Lasallian Catholic tradition. Now in its ninth year, the school has grown steadily and enjoys a strong reputation for a nurturing and dynamic education. We are committed to developing each child’s full potential within an involved and internationally minded community.
SJI International Elementary School seeks to appoint an outstanding Principal (Head of School) for August 2018.
SJI International has become one of the leading international schools in Singapore. SJI International Elementary School educates 685 boys and girls (aged 4 to 12 years), made up of close to 40 different nationalities. Although SJI International Elementary School operates as a separate entity, the Principal will work closely with the Principal of SJI International (High School), which consists of 1040 boys and girls, aged 12 to 18 years of age. SJI International Elementary School students are offered direct entry into SJI International (High School), with over 90% of students following this route at the end of Grade 6.
SJI International follows the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) is taken in ES.
Although SJI International accepts students of all faiths, following an inclusive approach with a strong emphasis on character education, it does have a well-developed Catholic programme for Catholic students.
Please visit the SJI International employment page via https://www.sji-international.com.sg/about_us/employment for further details about this post, including a detailed Candidate Brief and application process.
To apply, please prepare a single pdf document including the following materials:
- A Letter of Application, no longer than three pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this post.
- A current Curriculum Vitae / Résumé not to exceed three pages.
- A one-page statement outlining your educational beliefs and leadership style.
- The names, current email addresses, current telephone numbers, and positions of at least three confidential referees. These referees must be current and recent supervisors; they should not be colleagues or peers.
For a candidate who is a current Head of School, this would normally include your current Board Chair. Unless you clearly notified us otherwise, we will assume that by submitting this information you agree that we may contact these referees directly.
Please remember to combine all of the above materials into a single pdf attachment and address this single pdf attachment to Dr Koh Thiam Seng (CEO of the SJI International School).
- The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 28 July 2017.
- Long-list interviews, via Skype, will be held in mid-August 2017.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for a Final Interview (2 or 3 day process), in Singapore, in early September 2017.
Safe Recruiting Processes
SJI International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students in its care. As an employer, the school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are appointed subject to satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks with past employers. All short-listed candidates are also required to complete and sign an Information and Declaration Form, which includes a declaration of any previous disciplinary issues or criminal convictions.