This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become the new leader of the team at Seathorne Primary School as we join the Greenwood Academies Trust in September 2019, promoting and building on the recent and rapid improvements and the founding values of this amazing school and our pupils.
We are situated in Skegness and cater for pupils from Nursery to Year 6. With the provision of a state-of-the-art learning environment, all staff aim to ensure pupils have the very best opportunities to achieve the best outcomes possible. We have been supported by GAT since September 2018, working effectively with the community to set high expectations for pupils’ work and behaviour. With much to do and achieve in the ever-changing educational and technological landscape, are you looking for an environment that you can shape and grow even further with keen, hard-working and responsive pupils and staff?
Joining us as Principal, you will ensure the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum, mixing academic achievement and progress with the life skills and compassion that pupils need to thrive in the modern world. You will work to continue to raise standards within the academy, identifying areas for development through evaluation and quality assurance whilst ensuring that Teaching and Learning are of a high standard.
To be successful, you will:
- value learning and pupils’ needs;
- have the drive and passion to ensure growth and significant improvements in the performance of all pupils;
- have an effective leadership style to encourage innovation and confidence amongst staff;
- have strong organisational skills and relentlessness in instilling strategies to improve and raise standards;
- have significant experience of leading others and the ability to be able to set clear goals for staff performance and grow middle leadership;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- have previously led a team of people through change and improvement.
In return, we are proud to offer you pupils that are enthusiastic and keen to learn and a dedicated, hard-working and supportive staff who are value-driven.
Being part of the Greenwood Academies Trust, you will:
- receive opportunities to be innovative and creative, and be supported and challenged by an expert and experienced team;
- be able to share specialist best practice and work collaboratively with colleagues in other academies locally and across the East Midlands;
- be fully supported by a Senior Education Adviser;
- be eligible to access bespoke development opportunities that will include first-class training and CPD opportunities through the Greenwood Learning Alliance (https://www.greenwoodlearningalliance.org/);
- receive a generous employer pension contribution, childcare vouchers and access to our employee assistance programme.
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school on our open mornings or by arranged visits.
Friday, 1st February 2019 from 9.30am – 12.30pm
Friday, 8th February 2019 from 9.30am – 12.30pm
If you share our values and wish to be part of a leading education provider, we would welcome your application.
Closing date: Midnight on 14th February 2019.
Shortlisting: 15th February 2019.
Interview date: 27th February 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.