Arbour Vale School is a large special school offering education and therapy to over 300 pupils aged 3-19, who for a variety of reasons require specialist education and provision. Our aim is to enable every pupil and student to be the best that they can be by providing an inclusive, vibrant school where children enjoy their learning, grow in confidence, make good progress and are happy and safe.
Arbour Vale will convert to Academy status on 1 April 2018 with OHCAT named by the Local Authority and DfE as the preferred sponsor. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities that it serves.
You will be an ambitious, proven leader either at Deputy or Headteacher level and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change.
You will need to:
- be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose;
- be an exceptional classroom practitioner, with expertise in SEND;
- have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards;
- have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership;
- be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, pupils, students and their families.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a family of providers;
- staff and an Executive Board who are highly committed and dedicated to success;
- support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust.
Please visit https://www.orchardhill.ac.uk/jobs/job-vacancies/ for further details, and send your completed application form to email@example.com. Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Please contact the school office to arrange a tour of Arbour Vale School.
Closing Date for applications: 5.00 pm on Friday 23 February 2018
Selection process and Interview: w/c 12 March 2018
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.