The Governors seek an outstanding, engaging and compassionate leader with an impressive track record of success to be our new Principal. We require an excellent leading professional who can build upon the significant successes of the retiring Principal.
The Ockendon Academy and Studio School is a very welcoming, ambitious, inclusive and creative place to learn. We are passionate about providing all our students with the best possible learning experiences, environments and opportunities, throughout their time in our 11 - 19 academy. Our students both achieve and also enjoy their time with us.
Ofsted graded us as ‘good with outstanding features’ in recognition of our consistently high standards of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and safety, as well as our students’ academic success. We are a beacon of excellence in our local community, which has some elements of significant disadvantage, and an extremely popular and oversubscribed secondary, ‘stand-alone’ academy. The number of students on roll currently is in excess of 1,100 and predicted to grow to above 1,300 within the next few years. In order to meet increased demand for places the Local Authority has committed an additional £1 million to fund further expansion of the Academy this year.
In 2013 the Academy opened post-16 provision and a Studio School on site in a bespoke new £1.6 million building which enjoys state of the art facilities and combines academic excellence with work placed learning.
The Academy considers the training and development of all staff as vital to our future success. We offer full induction and training to all staff and provide continuing professional development for staff at all stages of their career.
We are very excited about the future and our continuing quest for significant and sustainable improvement. We are ambitious to achieve genuine success for all who learn and work in our academy community.
To be our new Principal you will need:
· Outstanding qualities, skills and experience to ensure that we realise our vision: ‘To enjoy being the best that we can be, in all that we do’
· To share our passion for and commitment to maximising every student’s progress and the quality of our learning environment, experiences and opportunities
· To share our enthusiasm for working very closely with all our stakeholders and supporting their ambitions for success.
We can offer you:
· A highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body
· A talented, committed and loyal Staff and Senior Leadership Team
· Enthusiastic and ambitious young people
· A well maintained, spacious and high quality teaching and learning environment
· Impressive professional support and developmental opportunities
· An exciting location in Thurrock, the largest regeneration area in the UK, with direct links to the M25 and ideally located for London.
If the exciting opportunities provided by our Principal post, in our very successful and growing academy, interest you, then we would like to meet and talk with you and welcome your application.
We welcome daytime visits to experience the academy at work, by appointment with Helen Smith, HR administrator and Clerk to the Governing Body. Please telephone: 01708 851661 ext 245, or write to email@example.com
An informal discussion about this opportunity can be held with Robin Gildersleeve, an independent school improvement adviser: 07773 328337 firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form, job description, person specification and other supporting documents may be found on our website www.theockendonacademy.com. Alternatively, please contact Helen Smith for details.
Please complete the application on line or alternatively send to: Helen Smith, HR Administrator, The Ockendon Academy and Studio School, Erriff Drive, South Ockendon, Essex. RM15 5AY.
Closing date: 22nd January 2018 at 9.00am
Shortlisting: 23rd January 2018
Interview dates: 6th (pm), 7th and 8th February 2018