Nord Anglia Education has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an outstanding, internationally experienced leader in education to drive the ongoing success of its highly regarded international school in Madrid, International College Spain (ICS).
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Principal to lead one of the leading international schools in Europe. With over 30 years of learning excellence, it is the only school in Madrid that offers the prestigious International Baccalaureate programme in English to all our students. The philosophy of the school is to provide students from three to 18 years old with a high-quality international education, which places a strong emphasis on fostering respect for other people’s identity and culture.
Additionally, as a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, ICS draws on the strength of this forward-thinking, premium and contemporary global network of 61 schools, across 28 countries. The school actively engages in Nord Anglia’s collaboration with Juilliard, UNICEF and King’s College London, and benefits from access the organisation’s Global Campus. These create unique opportunities for students and staff to unlock their potential.
We seek a talented and experienced leader in education to continue to build upon the school’s tremendous success to date. The Principal takes responsibility for the leadership, organisation and management of the whole school. The post-holder’s key deliverables are aligned with the annual school quality review and the school’s strategic plan. She/he must be an excellent communicator and compelling storyteller to ensure our new families understand our dynamic educational offer for their children, which will in turn drive strong student enrolment.
Key objectives include education quality and outcomes, student well-being, school growth, financial targets, staff development, and resource utilisation.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent communicator and compelling storyteller
- Understand how to blend the best of premium education with contemporary international thinking to maintain a distinctive positioning for the school
- Understand that leading learning is at the heart of school leadership and will build a team committed to delivering this
- Drive the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and a focus on quality that grows both the school and the school’s reputation
- Collaborate and build high-performing teams
- Engage with students, teachers, parents and community leaders in a manner that is open, inclusive and conveys the values of NAE and ICS
- Manage financial budgets and commercial aspects of the school with astuteness and engage with, and contribute successfully to, the wider organisation
- Demonstrate the ability to create and execute a strategic plan and manage complex projects
What we offer
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 12,500 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you:
- unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family
- access to extensive professional development
- exceptional career opportunities
Our promise is that you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
As a part of our family, you will be a valued member of our Senior Leadership Team, which helps shape the vision and drive the success of Nord Anglia Education. Professional and personal development is part of our DNA, so you will be supported by education experts and other committed professionals through Nord Anglia University and our leadership programmes. Additionally, we offer competitive remuneration, relocation assistance and a comprehensive induction into our organisation.
How to apply
We welcome applications from individuals who are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signi?cant impact on our students and school community.
To apply for this role, please e-mail a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees to Meg De Keukelaere, Group Head of Talent Acquisition, at Meg.DeKeukelaere@nordanglia.com
Applications: Closing date is 16th August
Interviews: 11th & 12th September (to be confirmed)
Start Date: January 2020
Nord Anglia Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to a successful medical check as well as clearance from safeguarding authorities.