An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead Blessed William Howard Catholic High School as the school embarks on the next stage of its development. As part of a proposed newly enlarged Multi Academy Company of 15 schools, the successful applicant will benefit from a strong leadership model with the guidance and support of an experienced and supportive Chief Executive Officer. Candidates will be considered on their potential as well as their actual experience.
Blessed William Howard Catholic High School has been providing secondary education in the heart of Staffordshire for over 50 years. We serve the Catholic community in a wide geographical area in the Archdiocese of Birmingham, stretching up to the village of Brewood on the edge of Wolverhampton, 13 miles to the south and up to the town of Stone, 8 miles to the north.
With inspirational history and heritage and breath-taking countryside, Stafford was listed in the top ten ‘affordable and happy’ places to live in England.
Our school offers a haven where all are welcome to flourish as individuals academically, socially, morally and spiritually.
“There is a warm atmosphere and the quality of relationships between all members of the school community are a particular strength. Pupils and staff are friendly, helpful, polite and welcoming to visitors.” Diocesan Section 48 Report (December 2017)
The right candidate should:
- Be a practising Catholic, fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Have a clear ambition to lead our wonderful school to offer an outstanding education
- Build upon the positive attitude of the students to continue to improve academic results.
- Have the capacity to respond positively to the changing educational environment.
- Be an aspirational leader who will inspire, motivate, challenge and encourage staff.
The school will offer:
- Staff and students dedicated to high quality learning and teaching
- A supportive leadership team who works positively and constructively
- A clear programme of professional development with opportunities for future career development with an expanding and forward thinking Multi Academy Company.
You must submit a Catholic Education Service application form for this post. If you would like to apply, please contact Mrs S Marshall, Headteacher’s PA at the email address below or by telephone, for an application pack and application form, or simply download the details from the school’s website.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk