Kings’ Education have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, dynamic and innovative senior leader in education as School Principal for our Nad Al Sheba Campus. The school will offer the National Curriculum of England appealing to global and local families for their child’s optimum choice of education. It is possible that the school will offer IB in the upper Secondary.
The next Principal of Kings’ School Nad Al Sheba will be an inspirational leader with the ambition, vision and energy to take an already high performing school into the next exciting stage in its development.
More specifically, he or she will bring most or all of the following experience, skills, knowledge and personal and leadership qualities.
- A track record of achievement in education, including significant years of successful senior leadership experience.
- Significant experience of leadership in diverse, multicultural and multinational schools.
- Proven experience of leading, developing and motivating high calibre teams with a clear commitment to the continuing professional development of all colleagues.
- A track record of successfully leading and managing organisational change.
- A passionate educator with the personal academic credentials to command the respect of staff, students and parents.
- The Principal will exhibit collaborative and visionary leadership to lead his or her experienced Senior Leadership Team to deliver impactful results for student outcomes and advocate best practice in teaching and learning
- Demonstrable experience in delivering above and beyond to elevate school performance in curriculum development, staff recruitment and development, students’ assessments, students’ safety and support and effective communications across the school community.
- Experience of at least 3 years as a School Leader delivering results to increase school performance
- Demonstrable and significant education experience in a UK and/or an international setting
- Experience of both Primary and Secondary phases of education would be desirable
Skills and Knowledge
- An Honors Degree, B. Ed & PGCE or equivalent
- A Master’s degree or equivalent school leadership qualification (e.g. NPQH)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills characterised by high emotional intelligence, and the cultural sensitivity and global perspective to relate well to people at all levels and from a diversity of backgrounds.
- First class interpersonal skills and the political acuity to establish and manage strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of how to work effectively with a Board of Governors and get the best out of Board members who bring a rich range of skills and experiences.
- A broad understanding of the rapidly evolving international education sector and the opportunities and challenges this presents for Kings’ School Nad Al Sheba.
- Wide-ranging educational interests, ideally but not necessarily with some knowledge or previous experience of English National Curriculum Qualifications and/or the IB.
- A creative thinker with an aptitude for thinking differently and finding innovative solutions to problems.
- A strong understanding of the business dimensions of modern principalship with a good grasp of financial management, and the patience and flexibility to operate effectively in the United Arab Emirates business and regulatory context.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a comprehensive cultural understanding of the Middle East
- Arabic language skills are not essential but a willingness to learn is desirable
- Ability to strategically lead the school in a dynamic and rapidly evolving organisation to be intrinsic to the success of the growth and vision for the future
Personal and Leadership Qualities
- An inspirational, visible leader with the charisma, energy and enthusiasm to engage all parts of the Kings’ School Nad Al Sheba community.
- A naturally collaborative style of leadership balanced by the capacity to be decisive and a willingness to be firm when required.
- High levels of self-awareness, resilience, flexibility and personal and professional integrity.
- Sincere respect for and understanding of cultural difference.
- An authentic belief in the values of Kings’ School Nad Al Sheba as a diverse and inclusive international community.
- The inner confidence, personal authority and sensitivity to succeed as a long-serving and successful Principal.
- Competitive Tax free salary
- Generous accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Family package including education, flights and insurance for children
- Exceptional facilities at an incredible school campus
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development opportunities
Living in Dubai
With its vibrant architecture, year long sunshine and endless outdoor based activities, Dubai is a truly breathtaking place to live and work.
The quality of life is excellent and there is plenty to see, do and experience. The city is famed for its strong outdoor living culture and offers an excellent base from which to travel to other Emirates and the spectacular Middle East. It is possible to access the beach within minutes, and the mountains within an hour, offering a range of scenic and sporting opportunities.
In general, Dubai is a very modern, liberal and tolerant city and is a fantastic and dynamic place for both young education professionals and families to live and further their career development.
With an infamous world airport hub, Dubai is also an ideal place from which to travel the world!
Kings’ School Nad Al Sheba staff and students take full advantage of the rich travel experiences on their doorstep. On an annual basis, Kings’ take quality time to induct new staff via a unique and exciting Kingsification process.
Appointment Process and How to Apply
If you feel inspired by the challenge, please apply by completing the online application form at TES.com
Applicants should include comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities within a manageable and realistic word limit whilst fully addressing the competencies outlined in the job description and person specification.
Application Closing Date is 12 noon GMT on Monday 16th April 2018
Initial informal interviews will be take place as appropriate e.g. via Skype during week beginning 16th April 2018.
Formal interviews will be held in Dubai during week beginning 30th April 2018.
The appointment of School Principal is subject to the additional approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority, (KHDA) and the necessary government authority approvals to live and work in the United Arab Emirates.
Kings’ Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to equally share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check.