Aldar Education is currently seeking School Principal for an immediate start to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Madinat Zayed in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
ADNOC School – Madinat Zayed offers world-class amenities and is designed to provide learners with a 21st Century curriculum using the latest technology and world-class facilities. The school delivers the renowned US Massachusetts/ Common Core curriculum and currently educates around 1,500 Emirati and international students from KG through Grade 12. In addition, high school students have access to AP (Advanced Placement) examinations, accredited by the US College Board. Students graduate with the American High School Diploma.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Successful candidates will combine an excellent track record of effective leadership experience, developed in the UK, USA, or other international settings, with strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness. The ability to manage the demands and needs of a wide range of stakeholders from the Board level to parents, teachers, and principals is essential. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are pivotal to this role.
The role requires high-level strategic thinking combined with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding education outcomes across the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with other schools within the group and developing ways to engage with strategic partners to support the work of the school, the group as a whole, and the UAE’s wider education vision.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Strategic, operational and financial responsibility for the school
• Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
• Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the heads of campus, staff, students and the wider community
• To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
• Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and behavior.
• Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
• Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
• Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
• Postgraduate qualification in education or other qualification equivalent to QF Emirates level 8 or above is required
• NPQH or Master’s in Education is preferred
• US curriculum experience is preferred
• 10 years’ educational experience with minimum 3 years’ experience in Vice Principal role, or 4 years’ as an educational advisor or equivalent
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
• US curriculum experience is preferred
• Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the Board and Strategic Governance Group is essential
• Understanding of the operational and financial requirements to manage a successful school is essential
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child centered and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and children’s free education placement. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent via the TES Portal.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities