The Trustees, CEO and Local Academy Board are seeking an outstanding person for the post of Principal to lead an exceptional Academy. The successful candidate will believe passionately that all children, regardless of background can make strong academic and personal progress and succeed. Jane Acklam, the CEO of our Trust will lead strategically with you in this role.
We are looking for a leader with special qualities, who will benefit from this strong partnership. If you are the person we are looking for you will have the following leadership skills:
· Competence and expertise at a high level already
· You will have a strong sense of what brings success in schools with high levels of disadvantage and be able to demonstrate a clear track record of raising performance and of partnership working
· Strong belief in building professional capital in all staff
· A deep understanding of what works in teaching and how to improve teaching quality
· Strategic leadership of significant school-wide improvement
· Raising standards of student academic and personal achievement
· Confident and uncompromising leadership of behaviour, attitudes to learning and parental engagement
· Outstanding communication in both speech and writing
· An unfaltering commitment to student and staff development
· Holding staff to account, quality assurance and effective appraisal.
· And a commitment to improving outcomes for the 5000+ students across our academies.
The Board of Trustees, working with and through the Sponsor, South Pennine Academies, will ensure that Waterhead provides the very best educational success for our children. A dynamic, challenging and supportive relationship between Local Governors, Sponsor, CEO and Principal is expected - working together to create an outstanding Academy.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, then please do not hesitate to contact our CEO, Jane Acklam (via email@example.com).
If you think that you may be the right candidate for this exceptional role, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We are seeking to make the appointment to start in September 2020.