Just south of the cathedral city and with easy access to the south coast and the South Downs, Chichester Free School currently has 1000 pupils (420 in Primary, 580 in Secondary) and 120+ staff. We moved into our brand-new home in September 2018; a purpose-built modern school encompassing the original Convent building, which will allow us to expand to our capacity of 1260 pupils.
We aim to offer children of all abilities and from all backgrounds the opportunity for an excellent education. As an all-through school, we are well placed to really know our students and their families. We nurture, challenge and inspire each individual through a robust academic curriculum, delivered alongside a diverse enrichment programme that supports them to develop their own talents, interests and life skills.
Today we start our search for a new Principal to lead the school on the next phase of our journey and ideally they will be: -
- An individual who can fully utilise and develop the leadership skills of all colleagues, as well as lead, motivate, challenge and inspire the whole school community.
- A visionary and inspirational leader, enthusiastic about leading our all through school as it continues to grow and develop by delivering a rich, varied and innovative curriculum offer that meets our pupils needs in an ever-changing world.
- Passionate about the development of the whole child – education, behaviour and welfare.
In return we will offer you: -
- A thriving and vibrant inclusive school with a positive ethos and strong core values
- A passionate hard-working staff who are dedicated to getting the best out of all our pupils
- A high-quality exciting learning environment
- Strong partnerships with parents and carers
- A proactive, supportive and skilled governing body
Potential candidates may call Gay Grimwood, School Business Manager, with any questions on 01243 792690 ext. 211 or email SBM@chichesterfreeschool.org.uk
Informal visits to the school will be held on: Tuesday, 12 February 09:00 -11:00, Wednesday 13 February 09:00 -11:00 and Thursday, 14 February 11:15 – 13:15. Please contact Karie Wright on 01243 792690 ext. 207 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Monday 18 February 2019
First round interviews: Tuesday 5 March 2019
Second round interviews: Wednesday 6 March 2019
Please visit our website for details of how to apply and to download a full recruitment pack and application form. www.chichesterfreeschool.org.uk
Chichester Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks along with other relevant employment checks.