Young People’s Academy (YPA) is a co-educational secondary special school for students with social, emotional and mental health needs and some students have co-existing conditions, such as Autism. YPA is a ‘Good’ School (Ofsted 2018) with a strong reputation in the wider community and a committed and talented staff team.
This is a very exciting time in the school’s development and for the future Principal with a new free school building due for completion in April 2022 that will provide outstanding teaching, vocational and recreational facilities for students and staff. In its new building the academy will expand its cohort to post 16, increase its ASD provision and have a capacity for up to 110 students. To find out more about the School please visit https://ypacademy.org.uk/.
YPA is part of an established family of specialist academies that make up Orchard Hill College Academy Trust, which is currently comprised of 15 academies across London, Surrey, Sussex and Berkshire. The Trust was established in 2013 by Orchard Hill College and together Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust provide for over 1500 pupils and students with a wide range of learning abilities and additional needs. To find out more about The Trust please visit https://www.ohcat.org/.
You will need to:
- be an ambitious, proven leader either at Deputy or Principal level and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change;
- be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose;
- be an exceptional classroom practitioner, with expertise in SEND and specifically SEMH and ASD;
- have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards;
- have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership;
- be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, students and their families.
- be fully committed to developing effective independence for students beyond school
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop professionally and personally within a ‘family’ of specialist providers;
- opportunities to engage with peers in internal professional networks
- embedded support from the shared services team of Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust
- a supportive Executive Team who are highly committed and dedicated to success
- a supportive, proactive and organised governing body that is dedicated to driving up standards and offering a good level of challenge
- a nurturing and challenging environment
- a competitive salary and pension scheme
For an informal discussion about the role, candidates are invited to contact the Beverley Davidson via email email@example.com to arrange a time to speak with Laurie Cornwell, Executive Principal / Deputy CEO.
To apply for the role please use the quick apply option to submit an application. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Applications deadline: 9am Friday 10th December 2021
Interviews on: 16th – 17th December 2021
Young People’s Academy and Orchard Hill and College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments made will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.