Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint motivated and inspirational Prison Tutors to join our successful supply teaching team in Peterborough. This position would begin as soon as possible, initially on a supply basis and covering lessons as and when required.
The successful Prison Tutor will need to have the ability to effectively teach innovative and stimulating lessons for residents which aim to encourage participation within the class. Successful candidates will be expected to cover a variety of lessons; including Maths, English, Art, ICT and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). You will need to adhere to all relevant policies and procedures, as well as be able to identify particular needs of individual residents in the class and differentiate teaching to meet these needs. It is important that you have a genuine passion for education and teaching, and are able to establish a rapport with the residents you’re supporting.
To be considered for the position as Prison Tutor you must:
· Hold a Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or have an Instructor Tutor qualification such as Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS).
· Have experience of teaching a variety of subjects such as Art, ICT, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Maths and English, or specialise in a particular subject area
· Be able to build a strong rapport with the residents you’re teaching
· Have a strong passion for teaching, with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
· Be able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches if required
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of education practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Prison Tutor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Prison Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Prison Tutor. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Prison Tutor position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk