CSVPA wishes to appoint an enthusiastic Product Design Lecturer, to commence from 28th August 2017, 3 days per week. Successful candidate will teach Product Design SOW in conjunction with another member of staff, UAL FAD Level 4 students. This is offered as a Sessional –Permanent post.
Activities of the role include:
- Teaching Foundation Art Diploma Art Specialism (Product Design) within the College as required.
- To plan, prepare and teach strong lessons for the classroom which enthuse and inspire students, and promote enjoyment of learning.
- To effectively use a variety of learning styles, having regard to the individual learning needs of students.
- To select and sequence appropriate materials, resources and approaches according to the course type and learners.
- To assess, track and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement, progress and developmental needs to students, academic and other managers/colleagues, including student records.
- To set and mark promptly independent study to be completed outside of lessons in accordance with the College Marking and Assessment Policy.
- To write half-termly reports on students with clear formative comments and targets as to how to improve work, by deadlines given, and provide regular estimated grades and feedback on tests as required.
- Maintain effective records of lessons, grades awarded and marks given in class. Ensure accurate attendance records are kept for every lesson using the College electronic systems.
- To set, evaluate, and mark students’ course work, homework and other assignments promptly, and to record marks on College systems as requested, in accordance with the College Assessment and Marking Policy and procedures.
- To carry out formative and summative assessments as appropriate. • To complete associated and administrative tasks to deadlines, as directed.
- To induct students appropriately, to provide academic advice, counseling, educational guidance, and tutorial support to students, including individual learning plans as directed.
- To supervise students’ attendance and behaviour and follow up as appropriate, in accordance with the College Behaviour and Attendance policies.
- To develop materials and resources, implement, support and/or lead in the production and improvement of Schemes of Work as appropriate, and undertake other academic project work as directed.
- To ensure lessons are in line with SoWs and their respective objectives, and that these are shared with students.
To review full job description, please see below.
About the School
Our school provides a unique and highly personalised method of learning, creating an environment in which to nurture, educate and encourage creative individuals. Providing pathways in Art & Design, Drama and Music, Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts continues to develop the skills and confidence of many inspiring artists and performers.
Over the last 30 years we have increased our portfolio to include Degrees and a Master's and established links with leading institutions, including University of the Arts London Awarding Body and Kingston University as well as Hearst Magazine, publishers of ELLE, ELLE Decoration, Harper's Bazaar, Esquire and Cosmopolitan. We have given students the skills and confidence necessary to progress into some of the most prestigious and competitive drama schools, music conservatoires and art and design schools in the world.
Early applications are welcome, the closing date for applications is 21st May 2017 For more information please see the details on our website,
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re part of Cambridge Education Group, and we benefit from being part of a forward looking organisation with a strong educational vision which includes managing other similar schools, all focussed on international students. Please note that applications for any post at CSVPA can only be accepted when submitted on a Cambridge Education Group application form.
CSVPA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS checked. We are an equal opportunities employer.
You can read more about us at http://www.csvpa.com/about.htm