Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
· Teaching English (as a Second/Foreign Language) to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum.
· Preparing curriculum and lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities.
· Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies, and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
· Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress, and providing pertinent feedback.
· Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development, and health.
· Conferring with teachers, parents or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
· Preparing and implementing remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
· Attending faculty meetings, professional development training, and school events.
· Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
· Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal/Director.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status, UK Early Years Teacher Status, Government approved teaching certification from a non-UK country or similar teaching qualification
- Preference will be given to those graduating with honors or holding a Master’s degree.
* English degrees must include an education component
*** NOTE: CELTA/TEFL/TESOL are not sufficient certifications for this position unless accompanied by professional education qualification obtained before 2018
3 years of experience teaching English / ESL in a formal secondary school setting (after receiving formal teaching qualification)
Experience of Cambridge International Examinations is desired, but not essential
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
• Excellent communication skills – Fluent in both written and spoken English: C1 Level or Higher (if from a non-English speaking country)
• Strong presentation, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Competency in classroom management, time management, interpersonal relations, and teamwork.
• Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted, and positive outlook.
• Online LMS/teaching experience or willingness to adapt.
- International insurance
- Paid holidays and summer payments
- 2-way airfare and relocation allowance for oversea hire
- Housing allowance included
- Discount for children's tuition fee
- Work permit and residence card support
- DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional background screening is required in accordance with Council of International Schools (CIS) Safer Recruiting child protection and safeguarding standards
Vinschool, Vietnam’s largest private school system with over 40 schools and 33,000 students aspires to bring world-class education to the young generation of Vietnamese and inspire positive, transformational changes within the education community in Vietnam. A CIS Member School, we aim to provide the very best that international education has to offer. As a private, non-profit system, Vinschool’s mission is to provide opportunities to Vietnamese students who would otherwise not have access to education that meets international standards. Vinschool is equipped with modern facilities and strives to remain at the forefront of educational models in Vietnam.
The Vinschool Advanced (Cambridge) Program is an integrated bilingual program providing teaching and learning across the frameworks of the Vinschool Education System, the Vietnamese National Curriculum, and the Cambridge International programmes of study.
Vinschool - Times City High School
Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City