We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Design Executive - Early Years to join our team on a full time, permanent basis at Gilwell Park, Chingford, London.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Programme Design Executive - Early Years role:
The purpose of this role is to support the development of new programme materials for a 4 and 5 year old provision within Scouting, an explicit part of our strategic plan, Skills for Life. Marrying your knowledge in early years youth work design and pedagogy, the lived experience and enthusiasm of our volunteers and over a hundred years of experience in delivering skills for life, you will help develop our 4 – 6 year olds Programme so that it is impactful, scalable and sustainable.
What will you be doing?
- Support the development of the organisation’s 4 and 5 year old provision, supporting a programme design function that designs, tests, implements and evaluates. Strive to scale and sustain the provision.
- Maintain a close understanding of external policy developments and help to influence these where they are central to the organisation’s strategic ambitions (particularly in relation to early years education).
- Work with partners from the voluntary sector, public sector and business community to enrich and enhance the organisation’s impact on young people and communities, maintaining constructive relationships and effective communication with partners.
- Deliver on stretching objectives related to Programme Design, and maintain a complete understanding of the organisation’s strategy and theory of change.
What we can offer you as our Programme Design Executive - Early Years:
- Subsidised lunch
- Free parking
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Programme Design Executive - Early Years:
- Experience of impactful programme design, innovation, quality assurance and measurement aligned to organisational goals, preferably in a non-formal education setting and at a regional or national level
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of activities related to the development and learning of young people. This is likely to include basic knowledge of youth work pedagogy and theory, design tools and methods such as Theory of Change and Logic Models, problem analysis, primary and secondary research methods and inclusive consultation
- Experience of, and knowledge in, the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and working in disadvantaged communities, understanding the challenges and opportunities this brings.
- Ability to network within the youth policy, practice and funding sectors
- Education, training and continual professional development relevant to the scope of responsibilities of the Programme Design Executive role
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Programme Design Executive - Early Years.
Closing date: Tuesday 15th January 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies