Varndean College is one of the most successful sixth form colleges nationally. Offering a broad range of academic and vocational courses, we have an excellent reputation for inclusion and adding value.
We are seeking an innovative, dynamic and outstanding leader for our popular and successful business curriculum area. You should be able to contribute vision, energy and creativity to the development of teaching and learning across a range of vocational business courses which include BTEC vocational courses level 2 and 3 and A level. There may also be the opportunity to teach Law and tutorial for suitably qualifies candidates.
To be successful, you will have:
- Have detailed knowledge of the curriculum
- Have a proven ability to plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Be a team player, able to contribute to key leadership decisions
- Have the ability to adopt a variety of strategies to suit students’ different learning styles
- Have successful teaching experience or teaching practice in the subject in the 14-19 sector or post 16 from Sixth Form Colleges, FE Colleges and Schools
- Contribute to our core vision and values
Hours: 0.8 FT - 1 .0 FTE
For further information, visit varndean.ac.uk/vacancies
Closing date: Noon on 24 February 2020
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs are not accepted. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.