There has never been a more exciting time to join Oldham College, as demonstrated by our shortlisting for 2020 TES FE ‘College of the Year’.
Our latest OFSTED report stated that we are regarded as a “Good” across every area: “Our quality of teaching, learning and assessment are good” and “we continue to nurture the culture of inclusion across the college. Staff, learners and apprentices embrace and promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity”
Come and join Oldham College in its ambition to become “Outstanding” and the “Best Place to Learn and Work” across all of our provisions.
We are looking for:
• Programme Leader – Skills & Employability (Foundation Programmes)
• Salary: £36,600-£37,698 per annum
We are a local College with a reputation for dynamism and success, providing high quality technical and professional education and training.
We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights.
Overall we have around 5,500 full-time students in the College and 700 in our University Campus.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
• Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
• Free confidential counselling service
• Staff recognition awards
• On-site Day Nursery
• On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
As a Programme Leader you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our College. You will be responsible for your Curriculum Area (Foundation Programmes) and implement innovative changes to further improve the teaching and learning within the Faculty. You will also drive recruitment and engagement initiatives to grow this Faculties provision in line with our inclusion strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to have real impact in a College, which is moving at pace with strong support from its Senior Leadership team.
In this role, you will:
• Be expected to be highly organised, with excellent time management and administrative skills. You will be providing a supportive and professional environment for your team to continue to achieve the highest standards of curriculum and progression opportunities for students. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and show a flexible and professional attitude to managing a team of specialist foundation level Tutors
• Facilitate learning experiences which provide students with the opportunity to achieve their full individual potential
• Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and tutorial sessions
• Be a great teacher and role model in delivering innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to progress
• Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards
• Drive Oldham College’s vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must be educated to degree level or equivalent, have a teaching qualification and extensive experience of working with challenging young people from a range of backgrounds. Our Skills & Employability Faculty is highly inclusive and provides life changing opportunities for its students, you will need to demonstrate a strong track record of working in this type of environment. Experience of working in the FE sector is desirable.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the College’s values: ambition; integrity; inclusion; responsiveness; courage.
To apply for this vacancy please email an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date of Sunday 23 February 2020.
***PLEASE DO NOT USE THE APPLY BUTTON***