Can you create and enhance involvement, pride, ambition and a sense of responsibility within a year group?
We are seeking an experienced Progress and Achievement Leader (Head of Year) to fill this critical and significant role within the school.
Our school is organised into a two College structure that will run throughout Years 7-11. Therefore each College, in each year group, has its own Progress and Achievement Leader. It is anticipated that the person appointed will stay with their College as they move up the school.
The Progress and Achievement Leader role will consist of being proactive, reacting when necessary and resolving matters quickly, as well as spending time with their students.
Crucially the Progress and Achievement Leader will drive innovation and aspiration to inspire the students to even greater success. The Progress and Achievement Leader must be willing to work collaboratively with staff and students during both lesson and non-lesson time to enable these goals are achieved.
Our excellent staff make us outstanding. If you apply and are successful you will be supported and developed through our extensive CPD programme organised in conjunction with our teaching school. Regardless of your experience or level of responsibility you will have a range of exciting opportunities to ensure you are always improving and learning.
- To ensure the achievement, progress and success of every student in the College using targets set by the school;
- To champion those vulnerable to underachievement, thereby closing the gap in students’ outcomes and reducing any school variation where it exists;
- To develop a College identity that promotes ownership, pride, ambition and a sense of community within a College;
- To proactively guide those who are in need of support using available data, support structures and intervention;
- To promote and develop the role of the form tutor and lead the tutor team in the College’s goals and vision.
For more information on Weydon School, what we can offer and this role, please visit www.weydon.com
Closing date: 24th April 2017.
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment procedures and an enhanced DBS check.