- Salary: £19,554 (FTE) - £21,166 (FTE)
- Hours: 18 hours per week, Term time only + 5 days
- Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values. Our 2018 outcomes at both GCSE and A Level have offered much cause for celebration. Headline GCSE achievement has risen significantly when compared with 2017 figures.
Situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre, we provide places for 1250 students. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
We are seeking to appoint a candidate on a 12 month fixed term contract initially which will then be reviewed. This role is to support students learning across all key stages, as directed by the classroom teacher. You will support in the classroom, small intervention groups or on a 1:1 basis and act as keyworker for a small number of SEND students. Your experience, skills and knowledge will ensure that students receive specific support for their needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting learning for children with Special Educational Needs aged 11-16. You will have the skills to manage pupil behaviour and be able to seek direction and support from the classroom teacher and SEND Leader. A strong understanding of Maths and or Science would be beneficial.
• Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
• Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
• Employee wellbeing committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
• Co-operative credit union
• Health-care cash-back scheme
• Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket and rental deposit loans
• Bi-weekly team newsletter to keep you up to date with staff news
Closing date: 20th May 2019
Interviews: Thursday 23rd May 2019
How to apply?
Please complete our application form and submit on TES or email back to email@example.com or post to:
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe
For further information about Co-op Academy Priesthorpe please visit our website here: www.priesthorpe.coopacademies.co.uk or for further information about Co-op Academies Trust please visit the website here: www.coopacademies.co.uk