Required for September 2019, an enthusiastic, committed and ambitious Progress Leader to join our dedicated pastoral team who lead year groups across the school, focused on student progress, behaviour, attendance and all round care.
We are looking for a leader who will demonstrate outstanding pastoral care ensuring that each student in your year group is well cared for and makes good academic progress. You will also be an inspirational teacher with the ability to teach across the ability range from Key Stage 3 to 4. You will demonstrate the highest standards of delivery and have excellent subject knowledge within your specialism.
Cove School is on a rapidly improving and exciting journey, where a strong pastoral system is crucial to our future success. Therefore, this is a very important position for us as the progress leader is a key element to the success of our students. This post will suit you if you are looking to develop your pastoral and professional practice to a high level.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
• Engage, enthuse, motivate and challenge students to raise achievement at all levels.
• Be responsible and accountable for driving positive behaviour and excellent attendance across a year group ensuing that appropriate interventions and systems are fully embedded.
• Take responsibility for one of four houses and run house-based events throughout the year and take house assemblies.
• Work with other school leaders to embed a culture of excellence where achievement is celebrated and rewarded.
• Track and analyse a range of data to identify barriers to learning and implement strategies to remove in order to ensure positive outcomes for all students.
In return you can expect:
• Excellent support and opportunities for professional development.
• A dedicated team who place students at the heart of everything.
• Great students who are proud to be part of the school.
• An open and honest professional culture and learning community.
If you are interested in becoming part of our pastoral team, building on our success and joining us on our exciting journey to become an outstanding school, we would love to hear from you.
For further information regarding the Cove School, please visit our website www.cove.hants.sch.uk and email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and further details.
If you wish to discuss the post further and visit the school you are very welcome. Please phone the main school line to arrange a time on 01252 542397.