PROGRESS LEADER (KS4) with a teaching committment (80%) to teach maths
The Wensum Trust is seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic colleague to teach maths at Acle Academy, part of the Wensum family of schools. We welcome applications from teachers who can bring a real enthusiasm to the school and who will continue to raise the already high standards of educational achievement.
Acle Academy has embarked on a transformational journey to become ‘The Outstanding School’ in the Broadland and coastal area. With 64% Grades 4 – 9 in English and Maths GCSEs in 2017, Acle Academy has made firm steps on its journey to becoming a centre of excellence. Acle Academy has a newly appointed SLT who are swiftly implementing improvements across the school. Acle Academy is part of the Wensum Trust and is well supported by the Wensum Trust family of schools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new leadership group as we transform the educational provision for young people in our area. We seek to appoint an innovative leader who has a strong vision for developing academic achievement and personal development, behaviour and welfare across Key stage 4.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of good/outstanding teaching in maths and will be able to enthuse and excite students of all ages and abilities. Applications are encouraged from both currently practising and aspiring middle leaders, with extensive support on offer for the successful applicant. A working knowledge and understanding of Ofsted criteria for Good and Outstanding practice in both Teaching, Learning and Assessment and Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare is desirable.
• an enthusiastic and imaginative practitioner, who is passionate about teaching and learning and personal development, behaviour and welfare?
• someone who has high aspirations for students, and can contribute new and innovative ideas to raising achievement strategies?
• Someone who is dedicated to seeking our best practice and research and proactive in continuing professional development ?
• The opportunity to join us at an exciting time in the Academy’s development
• A commitment to raising standards for all our students in all subjects
• Support to make your ideas a reality from a committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Continual professional development that encourages aspiration
Through partnership to excellence, The Wensum Trust is committed to offering excellent professional opportunities and learning opportunities for its staff.
The Wensum Trust is committed to the protection and safety of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an appropriate Enhanced DBS check.
The Wensum Trust warmly welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Further details and application forms are available from the school’s website or on request from: Miss J Spooner Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am on Wednesday 18th October
Interviews will be held: Thursday 19th October