PROGRESS LEADER OF SCIENCE
Start Date: April 2018
Bradford Forster Academy is a new 11-16 Church of England secondary Academy and part of the Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust (BDAT), a growing Christian Multi-Academy Trust based in Bradford. The Academy opened on 1st September 2015 and now has 550 students on roll in years 7, 8 and 9 and will grow to four year groups in September 2018. Within BDAT there is an exciting opportunity to work across a variety of growing diverse schools.
In order to further accelerate outcomes and continue to grow our talented staff team, we are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science to join our successful and hardworking Science department as our new Science Progress Leader. You will already be an outstanding teacher capable of delivering inspirational lessons and able to ensure that students within Science are appropriately challenged, supported and achieve their expected levels of progress or better.
Our Science Progress Leaders work closely with the Curriculum Leader of Science and are responsible for the progress and attainment of a key stage or year group in the academy. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join an academy with a culture of professional learning and reflection and one which works effectively with its community to bring about sustainable improvements. We actively welcome applications from talented Science teachers currently with a TLR looking to take on a whole school role and to further develop their career.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding Teacher of Science and looking to develop your career in a teaching and learning role
- Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
- Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice
In return for your commitment we can offer:
- An academy and senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
- Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- A Science department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
- An approach which supports and stimulates professional growth
- A supportive Leadership Team
If you are looking to join an academy with a culture of professional learning and reflection, then we want to hear from you. Visits to the academy are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Barbara Blackham, PA to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications is 9.00 am Friday, 26th January 2018
Interviews will be held during w/c 5th February 2018.
For full details, application form with information pack, please visit our website http://www.bradfordforsteracademy.co.uk/Vacancies/
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).