Contract: Full time, two year fixed term
Annual leave: 25 days + 3 days over Christmas
Responsible to: Project Lead
Location: School 21, Stratford (with work also based in our other two schools)
Join us at the start of something special in education
Big Education is a newly launched multi-academy trust and charity that is bringing together some of the most innovative schools in the city. At Big Education, we have a vision for a bigger, more expansive education - the education of head, heart and hand - where Ofsted and results are a minimum necessity, but not the goals of education.
In order to achieve our vision, we have set ourselves three goals:
- To create great schools that exemplify new models and methods of schooling and give all children, particularly those from the most deprived backgrounds, the greatest chance of success.
- To develop innovative programmes. To have a wider impact on the system, we plan to develop and incubate innovative programmes just as we have with our oracy programme.
- To build a wider movement. Building on the energies, expertise and imagination of brilliant teachers, we want to be a catalyst for some fresh thinking in education.
We are now looking for someone who can support with the delivery of our Innovative Leaders Programme, take a leading role in our data management and be involved in other projects in the new organisation.
This is your chance to join the Big Education team to support with our data management and the delivery of a leadership development programme. Working with some of the most interesting thinkers in the field, we are constructing a programme that will develop leaders in education who have the skills, commitment and toolkit to shape the system for the future. The Innovative Leaders Programme will initially work with the leadership teams and middle leaders in the first three schools of Big Education, with plans to grow the programme to include many more schools.
Your role would be to work with the Project Lead to support on the delivery of the programme, ensuring that each participant has a great experience and our events run smoothly.
As the organisation forms and grows, we are also developing a CRM platform to ensure fantastic stakeholder management and engagement. Part of this role will involve working with our implementation partners on developing this platform, and then managing and maintaining it once it has been launched.
- Works with the Project Lead on the logistics of the Innovative Leaders Programme
- Supports with the programme architecture: events, meetings, diary, processes, speakers, trainers and resources
- Provides support to participants throughout their time on the programme, managing the Big Education email inbox and sending regular communication to ensure their experience is positive
- Builds effective relationships with potential participants and schools, providing information about the programme to increase engagement
- Tracks progress of participants, including attendance, deadlines and programme evaluations
- Manages the Big Education Twitter account
- Ensures that the look and feel of all materials are to a high standard and meet branding requirements
- Supports the Codifier to manage the online resources for participants
- Works with our Director of Partnerships, other members of the Big Education team and our implementation partners to ensure the successful design of a new relationship management platform (Salesforce CRM)
- Contributes to the development of our CRM system over time to ensure that the data is clean and that it meets user requirements
- Develops expertise in Salesforce’s CRM system, and supports the Big Education team in making effective use
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by line manager and Co-Directors of Big Education
- Interest in the education sector and issues surrounding social mobility
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, both written and verbally
- Strong initiative, with an ability to work to a high level of autonomy
- Very good IT skills and a willingness to develop these
- Ability to be flexible and prioritise effectively when working in a startup environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines as required
- Experience in data management / CRM systems
You will love this job if…
- You enjoy working in a startup environment and helping to shape projects
- You want to be part of a growing force for innovation in education
- You enjoy working with committed people in a friendly and purposeful environment
- You have an exceptional attention to detail, and are a naturally organised person
- You are passionate about education and creating opportunities for young people
How to apply
Please complete the online application form which can be found here.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 2 Jan at 9am. Assessment day to take place during week commencing 7 Jan